|Location||New York, New York|
|Date Posted||January 24, 2023|
|Category|| Engineering |
|Job Type|| Permanent |
SystemEngineeing hands-on professional who works with the IT team to support DRF Data Center and Cloud infrastructure. Strong knowledge of enterprise architecture, capacity and performance management, disaster recovery and security. Responsibilities include provisioning and building application servers, performing system administration and patching, leading hardware procurement and vendor relations, and general production support. System Engineering lead will work closely with internal application development team, external providers, and company leadership.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Must have 7 years' experience working in a highly dynamic SLA driven environment supporting externally facing enterprise architecture, coordinating with development teams, supporting high traffic events and provide general operational support.
- Must have 7 years of experience managing, capacity planning, maintaining and supporting physical and virtualized externally facing UNIX/Linux/Windows environments. Configuring/managing load balancing solutions, participate in middleware and OS patching, SSL certificate upgrades, provisioning scripting, and task scheduling. Able to manage data center hardware, rack/stack, cabling, parts replacement.
- Management of vendors for support agreements and managed services for infrastructure including procurement, license management and SLA monitoring.
- Proven experience working in physical data centers participating in hardware build outs, closely engaging/working with 3rd party vendors and integrations.
- Knowledgeable of virtualization platforms including VMware ESXi, Nutanix and VDI.
- Strong familiarity with hyper converged systems including Nutanix, Cohesity, and VMWare.
- Competency working with DBAs in supporting database infrastructures including Sybase, MySQL, MariaDB, MS-SQL, Mongo-DB and Mongo.
- Experience with Cohesity and similar data backup platform management solutions across VMware, NAS, databases platforms, 0365 and Active Directory.
- Knowledge and proven experience working and supporting High capacity storage devices, SAN switches, and SAN replication solutions.
- Infrastructure configuration and automation tools including Chef, Ansible, Terraform, and Jenkins
- Working experience with AWS cloud infrastructure
- Strong knowledge of networking concepts and network security including DNS management, firewalls/security, VPN, IP tunnels, NAT, VLANS, and routing
- Strong operational experience instrumenting monitoring/alerting tools, building and defining operational SLAs, and responding/managing operational incidents.
- Experience and strong understanding of Disaster Recovery concepts and mechanisms.
- Strong familiarity with AWS and public clouds
- Knowledge of diverse application stack and technologies including web and app servers, JDK, various caching solutions, Edge services and CDN, Cron, NetApp, and other.
- Strong experience with security standards (PCI-DSS, NIST, ISO 27001)
- Experience participating and leading security initiatives, integrations across internal and external systems.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
NICE TO HAVE
- Veritas Cluster Server
- Solaris 10/11
- Cohesity Data Platform
- Nutanix Acropolis, Prism. AHV