|Location||Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey|
|Date Posted||August 3, 2022|
Requisition ID: 133662
Job Level: Entry Level
Department: Design Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering (KIE) has an opening for a dynamic Entry-Level Structural Engineer in our growing Construction Engineering Services Group. You will be part of our rapidly growing Infrastructure Design Department, which includes structural, geotechnical, civil, drainage, roadway, rail, and materials disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the design-build delivery of infrastructure projects. The CES group provides design engineering solutions through brainstorming concepts, performing and/or reviewing structural calculations, developing plans and construction procedures, and scheduling tasks to meet client needs, all with the focus on mitigating risk to keep our construction crews safe.
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering's Design-Build team is driving clients to turn to Kiewit during all stages of design-build projects. Through our integrated design and construction approach, our multi-disciplinary team works together to improve schedule, control costs, and minimize risk. Our construction-focused engineers work collaboratively with our estimators and builders to design solutions that are innovative, constructible, and designed with a focus on safety. Clients benefit from the proven processes and tools used by Kiewit to minimize project risk. We are an in-house resource that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff shares experiences gained, innovative concepts, and best practices for all projects that we support.
Our Construction Engineering Services (CES) group consists of innovative design engineers whose expertise in designing and building temporary works adds value and ensures success of Kiewit s projects. Additionally, CES provides on-site engineering and coordination support, leading and collaborating with Kiewit s construction teams.
Kiewit s management and implementation of this process lead to safe, cost-effective, and innovative designs that exceed client expectations and furthers Kiewit s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. We will train you, develop your skills, and allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you re ensuring a lifetime of success.
Locations: Colorado, LoneTree; New Jersey, Woodcliff Lake; Texas, Houston; Kansas, Lenexa.
- Design of temporary structures includes; formwork/falsework design, support of excavation systems, temporary bridges and crane trestles, heavy crane lift planning, Accelerated Bridge Construction techniques, personnel access and fall protection systems, erection and demolition planning, marine engineering, evaluation of existing structures for construction loads, etc. Perform calculations and structural designs
- Ensure accuracy of the design drawings
- Produce engineering design cost estimates
- Have the knowledge and ability to analyze and design according to current design codes, design criteria, and structural theories.
- Have an in-depth understanding of the strength, mechanics, and behaviors of typical construction materials. Clearly communicate and transfer structural designs and ideas to contract drawings
- Help identify design risks and assist with risk mitigation planning
- Other responsibilities could include: Project on-site design engineering support, on-site inspections, training, and mentoring peers, etc.
- Experience with temporary structures and/or construction engineering preferred
- Accredited Bachelor of Science degree in Civil or Structural Engineering; Master s degree or greater in Structural Engineering is preferred
- 0-3 years of relevant engineering experience
- EIT licensure or eligibility within the United States
- Strong all-around academic knowledge of structural engineering
- Experience with engineering design software will be an advantage; this includes AutoCAD, Bluebeam, MathCAD, Navisworks, RISA-3D etc.
- Experience with working in a team setting
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Developing interpersonal skills and an ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Ability to travel/TDY assignments and/or relocate based on business needs
- Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environments
- Absent an approved exemption, due to federal, state, local, provincial and/or client-requirements, this position may require an individual to be fully vaccinated by an FDA-approved or authorized COVID-19 vaccine or undergo weekly testing upon hire and as a condition of continued employment.
Base Compensation: $52,000 - $78,000
(Actual compensation is subject to variation due to such factors as education, experience, skillset, and/or location)
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.