|Date Posted||June 26, 2022|
CDM Smith is one of the world's top design, program management (PM) and construction management (CM) firms, providing innovative and creative solutions for our clients and assisting them in achieving successful outcomes on their most important water, infrastructure, environmental and transportation programs. We currently provide owners agent services around the world with over 300 working full-time professionals who use world-class program controls, processes, and tools.
- Performs oversight of construction personnel working on medium-sized assigned area of the construction site. Ensures construction work put in place matches construction plans. Identifies deficiencies in constructed structures.
- Reviews contract terms and conditions. Ensures construction timelines, costs, and materials are in compliance with contract terms and conditions.
- Provides technical guidance and training to more junior staff. Reviews the work of more junior staff.
- Documents deficiencies, expected cost overruns, materials issues and any other related construction issue or risk related to their area of oversight. Prepares related reports (ex: monthly progress reports, etc.). Maintains daily report of construction activities.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Communicates construction issues to project leadership. Escalates issues to appropriate design staff for resolution. Communicates issue resolution to appropriate construction staff and closes the loop with project leadership when documented issues are resolved.
Senior Construction Representative 2
- High School diploma or Vocational Technical degree or equivalent.
- 12 years of related experience.
- Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
- Equivalent additional directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Water/Wastewater Treatment Plant construction experience.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
**Why CDM Smith?:**
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
**Job Site Location:**
Georgia - Atlanta
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
**Amount of Travel Required:**
**Visa Sponsorship Available:**
No - We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
**Skills and Abilities:**
- Good ability to communicate both verbally and in writing in English.
- Intermediate knowledge of arithmetic.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Ability to adapt to new technologies and quickly learn new computer, smartphone or related applications and programs.
-Advanced knowledge of materials, methods, and equipment used in construction.
- Ability to read, understand, interpret and explain construction plans and drawings, contract provisions, and specifications.
- Advanced knowledge of materials, methods, and equipment used in construction.
**Background Check and Drug Testing Information:**
CDM Smith reserves the right to require background checks including criminal, employment, education, licensure, etc. as well as credit and motor vehicle when applicable for certain positions. In addition, CDM Smith may conduct drug testing for designated positions. Background checks are conducted after an offer of employment has been made in the United States. The timing of when background checks will be conducted on candidates for positions outside the United States will vary based on country statutory law but in no case, will the background check precede an interview. CDM Smith will conduct interviews of qualified individuals prior to requesting a criminal background check, and no job application submitted prior to such interview shall inquire into an applicant's criminal history. If this position is subject to a background check for any convictions related to its responsibilities and requirements, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify a candidate. In addition, during employment individuals may be required by CDM Smith or a CDM Smith client to successfully complete additional background checks, including motor vehicle record as well as drug testing.
**U.S. Vaccine Status:**
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as "CDM Smith") are committed to your health and safety. CDM Smith and its employees adhere to all applicable government and client COVID-19 requirements.