|Date Posted||August 3, 2022|
Requisition ID: 151720
Job Level: Senior Level
Home District/Group: Kiewit Power Engineering
Department: Design Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
As a Senior Civil/Structural Design Engineer in the Power Delivery department, you will be part of a growing team that supports all aspects of the construction process by performing innovative design engineering through brainstorming conceptual designs, performing and/or reviewing structural calculations, developing plans, scheduling tasks to meet client needs, as well as mitigating risk to keep our construction crews safe.
Kiewit Power Delivery is a full-service engineering and construction solutions provider operating across North America. Our experience and expertise span all aspects of the transmission and distribution market from high voltage overhead and underground transmission to distribution and automation design and construction capabilities. With these broad capabilities, we operate in the electric utility, renewable energy, industrial, and oil, gas markets. As part of Kiewit, we are integrated with 135 years of construction and engineering experience that provides holistic solutions, differentiating our team from the rest of the industry.
Our rapidly growing power delivery business has opened new locations across North America to strengthen our market presence while executing work within the communities that we live. We have invested in industry leading design technology and platforms while also expanding our construction equipment fleet with the most advanced, and safest equipment on the market. We are committed to building upon our history as one of the safest companies to work for by equipping our craft with the best tooling and safety programs available.
We are an innovative team that prides itself on continuous improvement and always delivering on our commitments to our clients and ourselves. Our staff collaborates with Kiewit s vast internal network of resources that span heavy civil and infrastructure, vertical and commercial buildings, mining, as well our oil and gas and power generation markets, to drive safe and cost-effective solutions that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. Kiewit s culture encourages training, developing your skills, and tailoring your experience and knowledge to allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you re ensuring a lifetime of success.
This position can be based out of our Energy Corridor Office in Houston, TX or Portland, OR office and typically requires less than 15% travel.
- Lead a collaborative team to understand scope, prepare deliverables, and provide project updates.
- Perform cost effective designs based on industry, company, and/or client standards.
- Assist in the preparation of designs for assigned structure(s) including research, system selection, analysis, and drawing preparation for electrical substations on power generation projects.
- Apply department and industry standards when preparing calculations, project drawings, and project specifications.
- Incorporate the requirements of the Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) contract, customer Requests for Proposals (RFPs), professional service agreements, or other contractual requirements ensuring the projects meet or exceed project goals.
- Coordinate with internal and external partners including cross-discipline, construction, vendors, fabricator(s), and owners to address structural-related issues or concerns.
- Prepare, monitor, and update project plans, schedules, and budgets (including staffing needs) to project management and department management.
- Support department managers in achieving performance goals for the department.
- Bachelor s degree in Civil, Structural or Architectural engineering program from an ABET accredited four-year program
- Master s degree is a benefit
- At least 6 years experience in Structural design engineering in the Power/ Industrial industry preferred
- Functional in utilizing spreadsheets, databases, word processing, and computer operations.
- Knowledgeable in engineering software, specifically SAP2000, SAFE, LPILE and MathCAD.
- General knowledge of engineering standards including ACI 318, ASCE 7 and 113, and IBC.
- Legally able to work in the United States for any length of time
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, fluent in the English language
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.