|Date Posted||August 3, 2022|
Primary Purpose: The QC Tech II is responsible for testing and inspection of all hot mix asphalt, aggregates and other construction materials produced and delivered to internal and external customers as well as performing limited specialized laboratory testing and HMA performance testing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works under minimal supervision
- Ensures precision and accuracy when taking measurements and completing test forms
- Ensure test results are reported daily and on time to supervisor
- Inspect products for quality, identify issues and take corrective actions as necessary
- Review and analyze test results to determine causes of nonconformity with product specifications as required.
- Must be familiar with ASSHTO, ASTM, and Caltrans test methods
- Must be knowledgeable with "Green Book", FAA, Caltrans Standard Specifications and other local applicable specifications which includes sampling, testing, and material specifications
- Must be available to work overtime as required which may include weekends and nights
- Other duties as assigned
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Minimum 3 years of related work experience preferred
- Some college education preferred
- Current or past Caltrans certifications in HMA and aggregates (JTCP HMA I and Aggregate Module preferred)
- Experience with HMA performance tests such as Hveem, Marshall, Gyratory compaction, Tensile Strength Ratios and Hamburg Wheel.
- Experience with aggregate property testing such as LA Rattler and fine & coarse specific gravity
- Experience with limited soils testing such as standard and modified proctors
- Valid CA Driver s License with an excellent driving record
Desired Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to be precise and accurate when taking measurements and completing test forms
- Ability to follow direction with excellent follow through within a timely manner
- Ability to learn specific QC computer programs
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. during various times of the day
- Dependable self-starter with good organization skills
- Organizational and problem-solving skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Legible handwriting
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office Products
- Proficient math skills
Colas Inc. and its subsidiaries (Sully-Miller Contracting Co.) are an Equal Opportunity Employer. For details on the specifics of this commitment, please click here to view the EEO document. If you need an accommodation to access the information provided on this website, please contact Colas Inc. or send an email to .