|Date Posted||August 3, 2022|
At MacDonald-Miller Facility Solutions ("MacMiller") we make buildings work better. As the Northwest s leading mechanical contracting firm, we design, deliver and service HVAC, plumbing and automation system solutions for commercial buildings. With our 1000 employees across 8 offices - there is a breadth and variety of work to keep you engaged and inspired.
We enjoy a well-respected history of exceeding our customers expectations and executing with distinction. Our clients trust their toughest projects with our integrated teams, including:
- New construction - From an architectural 3D model to a completed 40 story urban building that is on time and on budget
- Special projects - Updates/remodeling for existing commercial buildings for new efficiencies
- Service - On demand and scheduled maintenance ensuring tenant comfort
- Building performance - Control systems and automation for energy improvement and minimal surprises
People love to work at MacDonald-Miller, and it s because we all share the same Core Culture Values:
- Collaboration - Diverse players, one team, a common vision. Collaboration is our foundation and critical to the success of the company. Every team member is valued and brings a diversity of strengths to help us meet our common vision.
- Dedication - We are dedicated to personal and professional excellence. We execute with distinction by doing the right thing and following through on our commitments.
- Safety - Everyone deserves a safe workplace. Safety is more than hardhats and boots, it s an attitude and the environment we create. Every day, everyone goes home to their families.
- Community - We are proud to be part of MacDonald-Miller. We actively seek to build relationships and know each other as individuals. Together we create an environment that is welcoming, caring, and trusting.
- Innovation - We are committed to continuous, creative problem solving. Innovation is how we stay an industry leader. We always strive to challenge and better ourselves.
- Fun! - Take the work seriously, but never taking ourselves too seriously. It s possible to be both serious professionals and good-natured people you enjoy working with. We strive to be both.
Project Developer: This is where you come in.
We re looking for a Project Developer to lead the development and completion of Performance Contracting projects in the Spokane / Inland Northwest Territory. This includes performing various levels of building energy assessments to develop scopes of work that will be used for cost estimating, scheduling, coordinating with construction managers, and utility performance verification / reporting. In return for achieving aggressive goals, you ll get rewarded with more to own, a ton of growth opportunities, and more freedom than you ve probably ever had.
Top deliverables in the first year to be a hero:
- Perform site walks and identify Energy Conservation Measures (ECMs) that meet client requirements
- Coordinate with Energy Engineering to perform energy savings and rebate applications.
- Develop scopes of work for estimating
- Work with account executives to develop and deliver Investment Grade Audit proposals and Energy Service proposals
- Meet with customers to guide them through the project and continuously work with them to ensure their needs are being met and that we are seeing the results we expect
The Project Developer role reports to Brian Hanson / Project Development Manager on a collaborative team working on a variety of projects and initiatives to support our growing business. This highly visible role interacts with all levels and functions within the organization.
Your Background: What kind of person will thrive in this role?
This position requires a person with good written and oral communication skills, and a working knowledge of: Electrical & Mechanical Systems, Building Automation Systems and Controls, Energy Management Strategies, Lighting and Metering Systems. Individuals will have demonstrated project management experience inclusive of planning, scheduling, crisis resolution, resource management and project administration as well as good computer skills with the ability to use tools such as MS Word and Excel.
You should have
- A track record of delivering on energy conservations projects and energy savings obligations
- Bachelor Science Degree or Equivalent Work Experience in Electrical/Mechanical Building Systems
- Facility operations experience
Some preferred certifications
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM) Certification from the Association of Energy Engineers
- Certified Measurement and Verification Professional (CMVP) from the Association of Energy Engineers
- National Environmental Balancing Bureau (NEBB) Certification for Air & Hydronics, Building Commissioning and / or Sound & Vibration
- United States Green Building Council (USGBC) Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Accredited Professional
And everyone you work with should describe you as someone with
- high ownership
- strong communication
- tons of initiative
- great problem solving skills
And you should be motivated by
- Having a high level of ownership and influence in a developing territory
- Empowering yourself to learn how to do something. If you need a ton of handholding or a micro-manager boss, this is not the place for you
- Working in a lean, results-oriented environment, where you ll be expected to do more, take on more, and achieve more every year
- Having fun in an environment high on transparency, open to innovative new approaches with a supportive family feel
MacDonald-Miller Facility Solutions presently provides employee coverage for:
- Medical, dental, vision for employees (coverage available for dependents for shared premium).
- 401k retirement plan including Company matching.
- Vacation and Sick Compensation (PTO), and Holiday Pay!
- Disability income protection including short term and long term disability.
- Employee and dependent life insurance.
- Wellness Program.
- Employee Assistance Program.
Where you ll work
Our Seattle HQ office (7717 Detroit Ave SW, Seattle WA 98106) in the SoDo area has easy access to Downtown and West Seattle, ample free parking and an onsite gym, not to mention great views! Neighborhood amenities include diverse and hip restaurants & breweries, nearby stadium events and convenient freeway/airport access.
Interested to learn more?
If you re ready for an adventure and are interested in being considered for this role, click apply to start the conversation! Or if you know someone who currently works at MacDonald-Miller, reach out to them to get introduced to the team!
MacDonald-Miller Facility Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.