|Location||Los Angeles, California|
|Date Posted||August 3, 2022|
Requisition ID: 136981
Job Level: Senior Level
Department: Construction Operations
Employment Type: Full Time
As a Superintendent, you will be exposed to a variety of field activities in order to develop your understanding of construction supervision. During your first few years you can expect to spend time learning and working on shop drawings, submittals, schedules, craft supervision, and project documentation. While learning these things you will have the opportunity to travel the country building complex projects that make a profound impact on communities. We are looking for people committed to the construction industry and not design.
Our mission is to make a difference and we offer opportunities for you to make one too through our construction operations. Whether we re boring tunnels through mountains, turning rivers into energy or building bridges that connect communities, we depend on our passionate, skilled, and safety-obsessed construction professionals to get it done right. You bring your big ideas, commitment to top quality, and an unwavering work ethic. In return, we offer huge career and travel opportunities and the satisfaction of building the next big thing from the ground up. There s a reason Kiewit attracts the best: we offer fast-paced excitement and fulfillment you won t find anywhere else.
Kiewit s Southern California District is one of Kiewit s leading infrastructure districts specializing in heavy civil projects that include earth moving, water/wastewater, transportation, roadways, and power projects. Most of our work is concentrated in the Southern California region.
We are looking for Mechanical Superintendents to work out of one of our many SoCal based projects. This position could be located in San Diego, Orange County, San Fernando Valley and/or Glendora, CA.
- Provide supervisory direction of craft workers via the general foreman and foreman, managing the performance of productivity, safety, quality and schedule adherence
- Liaison between field engineering and craft to ensure compliance of construction drawings and specifications
- Coordinate and interface effectively with other superintendents and subcontractors, as well as Kiewit staff personnel and leadership to ensure smooth workflow and schedule adherence
- Resolve employee conflicts, grievances, and scheduling difficulties, informing project and corporate management as appropriate
- Assist in schedule planning, determining craft labor levels, material quantities, and equipment requirements
- Ensure project rules, procedures and programs are followed consistently, including those involving safety, attendance, and workplace behavior standards as reflected in Company s non-harassment and nondiscrimination policies
- A minimum of 5 years of Heavy Civil Construction experience in a Supervisory role
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Construction Management or related field preferred
- Previous knowledge/experience in a Heavy Civil Construction setting required
- Advanced knowledge of various construction disciplines, union agreements and jurisdictional issues, safety regulations, scheduling, cost control, engineering drawings and other documents
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently supervise and evaluate craft performance
- Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
- Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time
- Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
- Passion for safety, with the ability to help us ensure that nobody gets hurt
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
- Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail
- Absent an approved exemption, due to federal, state, local, provincial and/or client-requirements, this position may require an individual to be fully vaccinated by an FDA-approved or authorized COVID-19 vaccine or undergo weekly testing upon hire and as a condition of continued employment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.