|Location||Crystal Lake, Illinois|
|Date Posted||August 3, 2022|
Trades & Services
Manufacturing Engineer, Filter Products
Camfil Americas - Crystal Lake, IL
Camfil is a world leader in the development and production of commercial air filters and clean air solutions. We are currently looking for a Manufacturing Engineer with 5+ years of experience in manufacturing, process improvement, project management, and CAD design to join our team in Crystal Lake, IL. The ideal candidate must be a problem solver, hands-on, have excellent communication skills, and not be afraid to be brave and creative. We need an ambitious individual to contribute to Camfil s goals for growth and continuous improvement!
The Manufacturing Engineer is a corporate function supporting the Camfil Americas filter production operations. You will be responsible for process development and improvements, product and/or design improvements, supporting new product introductions, managing projects, and providing engineering support to both internal and external customers.
- Drive continuous improvement activities on the production floor
- Execute engineering work orders (EWO) for design or process changes
- Develop and improve processes including production flow, assembly methods, and equipment
- Perform root cause analysis to resolve design, quality, and/or manufacturing issues
- Support production qualifications for new materials and/or products
- Actively support and manage documentation for new product introductions (NPI)
- Create and maintain detailed layout(s) of building(s) and equipment
- Pursue and implement cost reduction and sustainability initiatives
- Develop and improve standard operating procedures (SOP)
- Create/revise CAD models, drawings, BOMs, routings
- Manage project scopes, tasks, and timelines
The following experience is required: Lean Manufacturing (non-industry specific); Process Control; CAD (AutoCAD or SolidWorks); GD&T; ERP (AS/400 based systems a plus); Project Management.
Experience in any of the following areas is a plus: SPC or Six Sigma Methodologies; Design for Manufacturability (DFM); Automation and Controls; FAT (Factory Acceptance Testing); IQ/OQ/PQ; PPAP; Document Control (Enterprise PDM a plus); Air Filtration; Cleanrooms; HVAC systems.
Work Location: Crystal Lake, IL (travel required to other US production facilities)
Must have a degree in engineering or technical discipline; BS in Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering is preferred.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to office, warehouse, and plant environments. The work environment will require the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) in certain areas. Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization s facilities.
EEO STATEMENT: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.