|Date Posted||August 3, 2022|
Requisition ID: 151485
Job Level: Mid Level
Department: Project Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
As a Field Engineer, you will be responsible for the administrative and technical aspects of constructing a project, managing a team of field and cost engineers. Do you have strong interpersonal and information management skills? In this role, you will be the main conduit of information between the construction manager and the team for cost, revenue, cash flow information. Do you have strong mentorship skills? You will have the opportunity to develop the people below you. If this sounds like a match for you, read on!
Kiewit s Southern California District is one of Kiewit s leading infrastructure districts specializing in heavy civil projects that include earth moving, water/wastewater, transportation, roadways, and power projects. Most of our work is concentrated in the Southern California region, with some work in Hawaii.
Kiewit s Southern California District is based out of the Santa Fe Springs, CA office and supports projects throughout the Southern California region, building out project/construction schedules for all types of infrastructure work across the region.
- Perform scheduling of the project
- Revenue, cost, and cash flow management
- Temp engineering
- Permanent design management and quality control
- Project closeout
- Client relations
- Assist in Operations planning
- Administer contracts and subcontracts
- Ability to travel and relocate as needed
- Undergraduate degree in Construction Management, Construction Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years work experience in construction or engineering
- Experience managing engineers
- Ability to read, analyze and identify discrepancies on engineering plans, specifications, and contract documents
- Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
- Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time
- Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
- Passion for safety, with the ability to help us ensure that nobody gets hurt
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
- Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail
- Absent an approved exemption, due to federal, state, local, provincial and/or client-requirements, this position may require an individual to be fully vaccinated by an FDA-approved or authorized COVID-19 vaccine or undergo weekly testing upon hire and as a condition of continued employment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.