|Date Posted||August 3, 2022|
Trades & Services
At Weston Solutions, Inc. you will do meaning work and make valuable contributions.
Employee-ownership at Weston is a path to professional growth and access to diverse opportunities in a highly connected community that works together across key service areas to make a difference in the environment.
Weston continues to evolve and adapt to our changing world as a premier provider of environmental and infrastructure services for over sixty years. In both the public and private sectors our teams help identify, solve, mitigate, and manage critical environmental issues to help clients achieve a more sustainable future.
The Associate Geoscientist III will support environmental assessment, remedial investigation, and remediation projects by performing field assignments including site assessment, sample collection, subcontractor and personnel supervision, and remediation oversight. He/she is technically responsible to a more senior geoscientist or project manager to provide accurate and pertinent scientific data according to the agreed upon methods, within established project schedules, procedures, and techniques; and to provide sound conclusions and recommendations based upon field investigations and literature reviews.
Locations: Frisco, TX
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor s degree in Geology with 2 to 4 years related experience preferred.
- Texas GIT is required.
- Familiarity with environmental assessment and remediation projects required, along with knowledge of TCEQ rules and reporting formats.
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and present data concisely.
- Ability to travel for fieldwork or meetings up to 25% of your time
- Effective organizational skills to maintain deliverables, analytical results, and field notes in project files.
- Effective writing skills to assist with report writing, proposal preparation, and engineering/construction cost estimates.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise subcontractors in the field, and make field decisions consistent with project objectives.
- Demonstrate ability to interface in project teams to solve problems and provide value added services.
- Demonstrate ability to plan, organize, manage and lead teams on project task segments.
- Demonstrate ability to work and complete assignments independently.
- Demonstrate technical competence and willingness to instruct junior staff in areas of specialization.
- Demonstrate ability to make timely and effective decisions.
- Demonstrate dedication to fostering ethical conduct and professionalism.
- The Associate Geoscientist typically leads and supervises junior staff on specific technical tasks such as field sampling activities and data reduction and analysis. The Associate Geoscientist is responsible for writing specific technical sections or reports and plans as assigned by a Project or Senior Geoscientist.
- The Associate Geoscientist may solicit subcontracting bids and supervise subcontractors in the field.
- The Associate Geoscientist will be asked to provide on-the-job training for other geoscientists and to participate in Department courses and exercises.
- Ensure compliance with technical project specifications and standard operating procedures defined in the project work scope.
- Complete assigned projects on schedule and within budget to the satisfaction of the client and the project management team.
- Monitor project performance, including the performance of subcontractors, when assigned the responsibility of task or project leader.
- Develop consulting skills and sensitivity toward your client.
- Assist in developing specifications and procure subcontractors as directed by senior staff.
- Cooperate with senior staff in carrying out project planning and management duties.
- Cooperate with senior staff in developing appropriate project scopes, budgets and schedules for proposals and projects.
- Provide recommendations to the appropriate supervisor when potential problems in project technical quality are identified.
- Solve technical problems on projects with assistance from senior staff.
- Cooperate with all project QA/QC audits and reviews and assist in implementing corrective action as appropriate.
- Cooperate with senior staff to improve the technical quality of project work.
- Demonstrate a high level of current discipline expertise for application to present and future projects.
- Demonstrate data organization and management skills.
- Evaluate and interpret environmental data and prepare data tabulation, evaluation, and technical reports.
We fully invest in our people: Weston provides a generous, comprehensive benefits package program that offers employees high value options with solid financial protection, meeting the personal needs of its people and their families.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with base and matching employer stock contributions.
- Paid time off to include vacation, holiday and parental leave.
- Life and disability plans.
- Critical illness and accident plans.
- Work/Life flexibility.
- Professional development opportunities.