|Date Posted||June 26, 2022|
Are you interested in partnering with industry leaders in water technology and solutions? Creating a future where diverse talent provides a competitive advantage? Being part of a collaborative and dynamic team of professionals that is truly passionate about our work? If this sounds like you, please talk to us about joining our team.
Carollo Engineers is a nationally recognized environmental engineering firm that specializes in the planning, design, and construction of water and wastewater facilities. Our vision is to become the best water consulting firm in the United States, and we are looking for motivated, talented people to help us reach that goal. As part of our team, you will work on projects that will create and maintain clean, safe, and resilient water supplies across the country.
* Serve as the construction manager for water, wastewater, recycled water, and stormwater projects of various sizesMonitor project budget
* Monitor and enforce construction quality
* Monitor, observe, and report on safety issues of the project site
* Prepare meeting agendas, monthly contract status reports, budget reviews, amendment requests and negotiations
* Coordinate personnel and construction activities with other construction managers involved in the project
* Maintain a culture of effective communication among project teams, clients, partners, and other stakeholders
* Develop and maintain relationships with existing clients
* Partner with local business development teams to identify project opportunities and assist with business development activities, including, but not limited to: proposal preparation, scope and fee preparation, and interview participation.
* Prepare and negotiate contracts
* Provide on-the-job training and mentoring of project staff and junior resident engineers
* Travel to project sites
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* 10 - 15+ years of experience in managing the construction of large water and wastewater treatment facilities
* Certified Construction Manager or Professional Engineer
* Progressive Design-Build experience
* Project lead experience
* Thorough understanding of construction management processes and in-depth financial understanding of construction management.
* Advanced knowledge and understanding of construction methods, standards, specifications and plans
* Ability to work independently and have strong personnel management skills
* Detail oriented and excellent organizational skills
* Ability to deliver high quality services within budget and schedule constraints
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to communicate effectively with clients, contractors and lead engineer/project team
* Works well in a team environment
* Highly motivated and self-starting
* Proficient in MS Word and Excel
* Strong knowledge of construction management software including Primavera P6 and Bentley PWCM (EADOC)
* Strong computer and internet skills
* Completion of OSHA 10-hour safety course and other construction safety training
* AS or BS in Engineering or Construction related program
* Progressive Design-Build experience
* Completion of OSHA 30-hour safety course
* Experience managing a water/wastewater project in excess of $100M construction value
Other Compensation and Benefits
Carollo is committed to providing employees with a competitive, comprehensive benefits program that provides the care employees and their families need to lead healthy, productive lives. Carollo's benefits package includes paid time off and holidays, comprehensive health insurance coverage, pre-tax savings account options for healthcare, dependent care and commuter expenses, disability insurance and life insurance options for you and your dependents. We also offer free Caregiver Support, Travel Assistance, counseling services and discount programs. Other compensation that may be available includes: 401(k) company contribution matching, tuition reimbursement, discretionary bonuses, career advancement bonuses, professional registration bonuses, employee referral bonuses, and compensatory time for exempt employees. Flexible work arrangements may also be available.