|Date Posted||August 3, 2022|
Trades & Services
At Weston Solutions, Inc. you will do meaningful work and make valuable contributions.
Employee-ownership at Weston is a path to professional growth and access to diverse opportunities in a highly connected community that works together across key service areas to make a difference in the environment. Weston continues to evolve and adapt to our changing world as a premier provider of environmental and infrastructure services for over sixty years. In both the public and private sectors our teams help identify, solve, mitigate and manage critical environmental issues to help clients achieve a more sustainable future.
Weston is seeking a Project Engineer to manage and provide design services for engineering projects primarily being executed out of the West Chester, PA office involving both clean construction and environmental remediation. The project engineer is responsible for building teams of internal technical staff and sub-consultants to execute work, maintaining quality and risk management processes to keep work on track, and delivering according to scope, schedule, and budget.
Location: West Chester PA, Austin TX, Albuquerque NM or Chicago IL
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Professional Engineers (P.E.) license required.
- Bachelor s degree in civil, or geotechnical engineering.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in engineering.
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to convey technical presentations and participate in client meeting as a technical lead.
- Ability to recognize strengths in junior and senior staff to recruit, build, mentor, and foster a team as an emerging technical leader.
- Ability to take the technical lead in site civil designs and is familiar with stormwater management and the construction permitting process.
- Experience in creating specifications related to earthworks, site grading, erosion and sedimentation control, restoration, etc.
- Familiarity with geotechnical design of shallow and deep foundations, retaining walls and implementation of site geotechnical investigations is a plus.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD Civil 3D in a plus.
- Highly competent technical leadership resulting in successful project delivery.
- Engineering project management leading teams to meet scope, schedule, and budget requirements.
- Ability to identify scope variances to help client and internal management and sales teams to identify change.
- Staff engagement through recruiting and mentorship to build and strengthen the team.
- Diligent and timely compliance with and implementation of company business practices including adherence with the Engineering Design Quality Management Manual.
- Regular participation in local professional societies and associations for networking.
- Maintenance of a Professional Engineer license in Pennsylvania, or New Jersey, for employment start is required with ability to acquire reciprocity in other states as situation arises.
- Execution of all work professionally, safely, and ethically according to company values.
We fully invest in our people: Weston provides a generous, comprehensive benefits package program that offers employees high value options with solid financial protection, meeting the personal needs of its people and their families.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with base and matching employer stock contributions.
- Paid time off to include vacation, sick, holiday and parental leave.
- Life and disability plans.
- Critical illness and accident plans.
- Work/Life flexibility.
- Professional development opportunities.