|Location||Los Angeles, California|
|Date Posted||August 3, 2022|
As a member of the company s engineering team, the Building Automation Design Engineer will provide support for building automation design, execution and monitoring. The Building Automation Design Engineer will configure and monitor communication protocols to supervise building activity with a strong focus on continuous improvement. The ideal candidate will create relationships with a variety of stakeholders across the organization to drive efficiency and optimal performance in mission critical data centers throughout the United States.
- Develop understanding of technical systems related to building alarming, monitoring, controls systems, and infrastructure management systems. This will require a strong understanding of electrical and mechanical systems.
- Assist with facility design and construction
- Coordinate with subcontractors to ensure adherence to standards, schedules and specifications. This includes any third party contract hires to support data center and base building infrastructure.
- Assists in the design and configuration of building control systems as defined. Create related diagrams and schematics as required.
- Assists in the development and testing of software programs necessary to operate the system per the intent of the project requirements.
- Assists in the coordination and creation of necessary drawings and equipment schedules for submittals and installation.
- Selects, orders, and tracks the delivery of materials for assigned projects. Coordinates factory-mounting processes to meet factory and project schedule.
- Read and interpret electrical schematics and mechanical blueprints.
- Willingness to learn and interact with multiple systems, vendors, and specific equipment used regularly
- Ability to learn various systems and process that could serve to improve interaction between Building Automation Systems and other IT software platforms.
- Communicate and interact in a professional manner with internal and external customers.
- Document work by completing work orders and time keeping on each job in a detailed and timely manner.
- Promote and demonstrate the behaviors consistent with CoreSite s culture and 8 Guiding Principles.
- Special projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to understand and modify sequence of operations
- Ability to read and understand project drawings and specifications.
- Ability to travel to various locations within US
- Demonstrated knowledge of the construction, and HVAC industry.
- Demonstrated knowledge of control theory, automatic temperature controls, building automation systems, and other building mechanical subsystems.
- Must have a working knowledge of communication protocols over both serial and TCP such as: Modbus, BACnet, SNMP, and TCP.
- Must have a working knowledge of various sensor requirements and wiring such as: 0-20ma, 0-10v, and relays.
- Must have basic understanding of how networks are constructed, interconnect, and ultimately provide data between field devices.
- 4-year degree or relevant technical experience
- 2-4 years of relevant experience in building alarming, monitoring, controls systems, and infrastructure management systems.
- 2-4 years of relevant experience with applicable gateways and communication protocols (Modbus, BACnet and TCP for example).
- Prior experience working in mission critical or data center environments strongly preferred.
Travel And Work Arrangements
- Requires about 50% onsite work and up to 40% travel
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop or kneel; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Compensation for this role includes a base salary between $75,450 and $94,315 annually. This role is also eligible for an annual bonus and equity, based on individual and company performance.
Not only does CoreSite have a fun, team-focused work environment, but we also offer great benefits!
- Medical and Vision coverage through Cigna Heath Care
- Telemedicine through MDLive
- Dental Insurance through Delta Dental
- Life Insurance and Short-Term & Long-term Disability Insurance fully paid by the company
- Voluntary coverage benefits for Life and AD&D, Critical Illness, Accident Coverage, and Hospital Indemnity
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA) Plans and Health Saving Account (HSA) Plans
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with a generous company contribution
- Discretionary Annual Bonus and Equity Incentive Plan
- 15 days of Flextime
- 11 paid Company Holidays and Floating Holidays
- School Visitation and Elder Care Paid Time
- Parental Leave
- Free parking or a company contribution toward a public transit pass
Applicant Privacy Notice: CoreSite is committed to protecting the privacy and security of personal information submitted by applicants. The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) requires us to provide you information about our personal information handling practices. As a result, we re providing this Privacy Notice that describes how we collect, use, share, and update personal information from individuals who wish to be considered for employment with CoreSite. To read the Applicant Privacy Notice, please go to