|Location||Not Specified, Minnesota|
|Date Posted||June 29, 2022|
Trades & Services
What can you expect?
- A career, not just a job.
- Ability to learn about your client while building strong relationships.
- Be part of a team that works hard, collaborates and supports one another - but also know how to have fun together.
What is in it for you?
- Work for a global company with excellent benefits and a dynamic culture.
- Have competitive vacation/personal days in addition to holidays and volunteer days.
- Utilize our Tuition Reimbursement Program to advance your career.
We will count on you to:
- Designs client and/or reinsurer presentation materials and communications to resolve difficult questions and secure reinsurer agreements and payments of claims and account balances.
- Analyzes Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and other system tools to manage basic transactional processes in a regulatory compliant manner.
- Participates in team and department meetings and activities to share opinions, ideas, knowledge and solutions, and seeks opportunities to increase own understanding and input of the services provided.
- Collects detailed information on accounting/claims process for Request For Proposal (RFP) and sales opportunities to drive business growth.
- Handles the settlement of funds to and from clients in a timely manner to ensure all applicable contractual payment terms; warranties, and/or conditions are met.
- Coordinates and attends reinsurance audit/reviews with clients and reinsurers and reviews open claims and/or premium activity, reconciles records in order to facilitate the review/audit process to ensure process quality.
- Collaborates with peers on reinsurance developments, to support discussion and develop a point of view.
- Participates in training sessions, and provides input within the team and/or department for all aspects of reinsurance service processing to assist with troubleshooting and to help develop team resources.
What you need to have:
- 5 years of office experience in a related industry such as Primary Insurance, Claims or Underwriting
- Demonstrated experience with Word, Outlook and Excel
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a high performance team. Attention to detail in completing assigned tasks.
- Positive attitude, willingness to offer and execute ideas and solutions to enhance processes within a changing environment.
- Successful management of workload; able to manage expectations of all Clients and Stakeholders, under regular supervision.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills, both written and verbal, delivering clear and concise messages and at all times promoting and enhancing the Guy Carpenter brand.
- Strong ability to quickly assess and offer effective solutions to problems efficiently. Ability to make sound judgments, with guidance as required, while knowing when to bring situations to the attention of Management.
- Consistently deliver superior Client service.
What makes you stand out:
- Prior experience with reinsurance
- Knowledge of contract law, contract provisions, reinsurance concepts and principles, basic regulatory controls and general business trends.
Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC is a leading global risk and reinsurance specialist with more than 3,100 professionals in over 60 offices around the world. Guy Carpenter delivers a powerful combination of broking expertise, trusted strategic advisory services and industry-leading analytics to help clients adapt to emerging opportunities and achieve profitable growth. Guy Carpenter is a business of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), the world's leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. The company's 75,000 colleagues advise clients in over 130 countries. With annualized revenue approaching $17 billion, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading companies including Marsh , Mercer and Oliver Wyman . For more information, visit and follow Guy Carpenter on LinkedIn and Twitter